Earn a Fun Patch when You Attend as a Scout!
Scout Leaders are encouraged to sign up their groups to attend the Snowflake Festival. Regular admission fees apply. When they arrive, scouts receive a checklist of “requirements” to complete throughout the day. Once they complete at least 4 of the activities, they are eligible to purchase this Winter Fun Patch for $3, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Here are some logistics and opportunities to support the Nature Center (2015):
- We take admission at the driveway. Fees are $6 for ages 16 and up, $2 for children 3-15, and free for children 2 and under. Parents who are dropping children off to meet up with the troop do not have to pay admission, however if they are staying to enjoy the festival, they do pay.
- Patch requirements check lists and patches will be available at the Reception Desk in the Main building for $3.00 each, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There are some activities on the checklist that have additional fees, but they are not required to complete the patch. The extra fee activities are: build a bird house or bird feeder for $5.00, horse drawn sleigh rides for $3 (ages 12+) or $2 (ages 3-12, assumes you are sitting on a grownup’s lap!).
- You are welcome to bring your own lunches to eat in the Discovery Room – or even out on the trails! Food will be available in our kitchen – hot dogs $2, vegetarian soup $2, meat chili $3, snacks $.75, cocoa or soda $1.
- Vendors will be on hand, too, with popcorn and other goodies. We also have a gift shop.
For more information call Audubon at 716-569-2345.